The first of the five cells of the soul is called the Annamaya cell. The sattvic meaning of food is the name of the earth. Water, grains, fruits, vegetables, grasses, etc. are produced from the earth. Milk, ghee, butter, meat, etc. are also produced from it. All these things are called food. And that is what makes semen. And the human body is formed. It is this food that makes the body grow and nourish. And finally, food is consumed on the earth and found in the soil. Originally produced from food, it is finally found in the same soil. This body is called Annamaya Kosha because of its predominance of food.
- One thing to keep in mind here is that the statue of flesh and blood that appears is subject to the Annamaya Kosha. But it is not to be understood that it is the same Annamaya Kosha. Death destroys the body, but not the Annamaya Kosha. It stays with life. The incorporeal being also suffers from hunger, thirst, cold heat and pain felt in the ghostly vagina or in heaven and hell which is related to the body and hence the desires of the senses which are suffered by the body also reside in the ghostly vagina. Thus it is clear that the Annamaya Kosha is not only the administrator, cause, producer, consumer, etc. of the body but also different from it. The subtle body is another term for it.
- The disease occurs and the doctor or physician makes the body healthy through treatment, medicine, injections, and surgery. All of these therapies only reach the obese body. They are limited to diseases caused by bone, flesh, and skin disorders, but there are also some diseases that are caused by an abnormality of the Annamaya Kosha and cannot be cured by even physical therapists.
- The whole structure of the body and its color is formed according to the position of the ‘Annamaya Kosha’. And so are the powers of the senses. From birth, the baby comes with some deficiencies, imperfections, and features of the body. Someone’s body is thick from the beginning. Some bring thin bodies. Depending on the condition and strength of the ‘Annamaya Kosha’, the vision of the eyes, the specificity of the speech, the dullness of the brain, or the severity or weakness of any particular organ. The parent’s sperm also has a small effect. But mostly it’s own ‘Annamaya Kosha’ plays a major role. Children are very different from their parents in many ways
- The body is made of food, nourishes, and grows but there is micro life within the food. This produces the ‘Annamaya Kosh’. Just as there are five cells in the body, so there are three cells in food, gross, subtle, and causal. In the gross there is taste and weight, in the subtle, there is influence and virtue and in the cause, there is the sacrament of food. Only the taste of food is known from the tongue. Experiences stomach and weight. The juice makes her feel intoxicated, warm, etc. Its sacrament is jammed on the ‘Annamaya Kosha’. Meat etc.
- There are many inedible substances that make the tongue taste good. And helps to nourish the body. But due to the effect of their subtle rites, the ‘Annamaya Kosh’ becomes so distorted that the invisible result is the birth of accidental diseases, birth defects, or physical imperfections. And that is why the knower of self-knowledge always emphasizes sattvic and cultured food so that disease, ugliness, imperfection, laziness, or weakness does not grow in the body. If they eat inedible things like this now or in the future they will suffer from such an internal disorder that they will be deprived of the true happiness of the body.
Many physical disorders have their roots in the ‘Annamaya Kosha’. It is prevented not by drugs, but by compound tools. Very good results can be achieved in physical health through restraint, therapy, operation, exercise, rest, excellent diet and exercise, and water-air. In the same way, there are some processes by which the ‘Annamaya Kosha’ can be purified and strengthened. And physical imperfections can be removed. The following are four of such methods. (1) Fasting (2) Asana (3) Tatva Shuddhi (4) Tapascharya.