Time flows like sand in a hand. Man’s aspirations have increased so much that he needs everything immediately. Even in spirituality, a person wants immediate progress. Man wants to get rid of the burden of his deeds quickly It has been said In some scriptures that if you fast according to the scriptures, you get the result. In all those fasts, the fast of Bhima Ekadashi also has its own importance
Doing Bhim Ekadashi gives the Karmafal of doing Ekadashi for the whole year.
Story Behind Bhim Ekadashi
- Nirjala Ekadashi is also known as Bhim Ekadashi, Bhimseni Ekadashi, and Pandav Ekadasi.
- According to Padma Purana, Ekadashi of Shukla paksha of Jyeshta month is called Nirjala Ekadashi.
- Fasting is done without drinking water in Bhim Ekadashi. Fasting on Nirjala Ekadashi gives the result of fasting for all Ekadashi of the year.
- There is a story behind Bhim Ekadashi, once Veda Vyas asked the Pandavas to fast of Bhim Ekadashi which gives Dharma, Artha, Kaam, and Moksha. Bhimsen said to Vyasji Maharaj that I can pray, donate but I can’t stay hungry. Vyasji said that Bhimsen if you think heaven is good and hell is bad. And if you want to attain the glory of ‘Ekadashi’, Do this Fast with the law. Do not eat on an ‘Ekadashi’. Bhimsen said that I can not fast by eating even once. The fire called the Vruk always burns in me when I eat more then only the fire is cool. So tell me a fast that I have to do only once and I get heaven. The name of Ekadashi of Shukla paksha of Jyeshta month names Nirjala Ekadashi.
Importance And Method Of Nirjala Ekadashi
- Do not take food and water in Nirjala Ekadasi.
- You keep this fast on this Ekadasi. If a person gives up water from the sunrise of Ekadashi to sunrise of the next day, then this fast is completed.
- Vyasji said by doing this fast man becomes free from all sins. Vyasji said in this fast god should be worshiped and One should donate water-filled Kalash during this fast.