Kapalbhati is a Kriya, not Pranayama. ‘Shat’ kriya takes place in our yoga, which purifies the body. Now, what is the process for purification of the body? The first to know about it is Neti. Earlier Rishimuni used to purify the body before meditating. (How to Do Kapalbhati Pranayam? Benefits)
How to Purify The Body Before Meditation?
- The first of them is Neti, which cleans the nose.
- The second action is the Dhoti, which is an action made by spewing water after drinking.
- The third action is the Tratak, in which a point or candle or light of a lamp is to be seen without closing the eyes.
- The fourth action is Noli.
- The fifth action is Kapalbhati. Which clears the lungs.
Importance Of Kapalbhati Pranayam
- Kapalbhati Which clears the lungs.
- All the toxins in the spring, the polluted things that go into the lungs. Kapalbhati, which is the act of throwing out the breath, and by doing this action, our lungs are cleaned.
- The benefit of Kapalbhati Pranayama will not be in breathing but in exhaling. Breathing should be done in Kapalabhati Pranayama but concentration should be in exhalation.
- If you have a concentration on breathing, then the speed of exhalation will decrease. The faster the breathing speed, the faster the lungs will clear up.
- So the first thing is that Kapalbhati is not pranayam, but it is action and the work of action is purification, then this action purifies the lungs.
Precautions about Kapalbhati
- Kapalbhati is not to be done with speed.
- Kapalbhati’s warmth is hot. It is the action of the hot effect. If you have done too much Kapalbhati and do nothing in front of it then it will increase the heat in the body. Boils can be pimples. Bile may increase in the stomach. There may be heat in the intestines. Therefore, after doing Kapalbhati, you should do Anulom Vilom Pranayam.
- Kapalbhati should always be taken on an empty stomach.
- If there is high BP, there is a heart patient, then a stroke of 2 to 3 seconds should be done only after consulting the doctor.
- Kapalbhati is not to be done in gallstones because it will increase the heat.
How to Do Kapalbhati Pranayam?
- First of all, sit in a comfortable posture.
- Now keeping the head and spine straight, place the hands in the ‘Gyan Mudra’ on the knees.
- Close the eyes and leave the entire body loose.
- Now take deep breaths from both the nasal cavities and exhale while shrinking the abdominal muscles. But be careful not to exert too much while exhaling.
- Now when you breathe again, without taking effort on the stomach muscles, take breath easily and do not put any kind of force in it.
- Initially, do the process of breathing and exhaling ten times.
- Repeat this cycle three to five times.
- After the practice of posture is complete, feel peace.
- To do Kapalbhati, you can sit in Sukhasana, Padmasana, Ardhapadmasana.
- Sit in ‘Gyan mudra’ or ‘Vayu Mudra’.
- The navel will go in and the breath has to be taken out.
- With a jerk, the stomach is going in and the breath is going out.
- You should have three hundred strokes in five minutes, that is, one stroke of a second. Navel in and breathe out.
- Immediately after Kapalbhati Pranayama, you have to do Anulom Vilom Pranayam.
- If you have done 15 minutes of Kapalabhati Pranayama, then you should do 20 minutes of Anulom Vilom Pranayama. This will balance the heat that is produced by doing Kapalbhati Pranayama in your body.
Sequence of Pranayam
- If we look at the sequence of Pranayama, then first of all do Bhastrika Pranayama and then Kapalbhati and then Anulom Vilom Pranayama and then Ujjayi pranayam and then Udgeeth pranayam. You can do Ujjayi and Bhramari in the middle. and then Shitali and then Shitkaari Pranayama.
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Bahaya Pranayam
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayam
- Udgeeth Pranayama.
- Pranav Pranayam
Benefits Of Kapalbhati Pranayam
- It helps in improving the metabolic process. And it reduces weight.
- Cleans all the nerves of your body.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Corrects the circulation of blood in the body and increases the flare on the face.
- Your abdominal fat is automatically reduced by doing Kapalabhati Pranayama.
- Calms the mind.
- It also cures many sexual diseases.