Today’s topic is How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways. Let’s see. Thinking too much is the biggest cause of our sorrows. Getting deep in thoughts about our problems makes us very sad from the inside. We get restless. In life, if we make everything a matter of living and dying, then we will have to live by dying every day. Overthinking is one such disease. In which your sleep at night is going to be sure.
What Is Overthinking?
- A person who thinks too much is always restless. You will never see her happy and joyful. Actually, it is a mental disorder GAD. And GAD’s full form is Generalized anxiety disorder. The mind of such people keeps on moving continuously. One after the other, thoughts keep going on in the mind. It appears like the mind never stops, not even for a second. Such people always live in fear. Fear of something bad happening, Fear of losing something, fear of loss in business, Fear of studies, Fear of breaking of relationship, Fear of leaving someone. There is always a fear in the mind of such people, the things about which we worry too much, about which we think too much, in reality, the chances of them being there in life are negligible. But by constantly thinking about it, we make our minds weak and sick. A successful person in my view is one who leads a life free from anxiety and stress.
- The person who is always immersed in the worries and thoughts of the mind, in the real sense, is a failed person in life. People who ponder too much become exhausted very soon. And very soon, people begin to experience agony in their heads and body. There is no stamina because your body follows your mind. If your mind becomes weak then your body also starts weakening with it. By the way, people lie down on the bed, but the mind keeps running, due to which they do not even sleep. Their appetite also worsens due to overthinking. Such a person either starts eating too much. Or he doesn’t like to eat anything. Such a person takes everything to heart. And very quickly his mind gets disturbed. Overthinking is a disease that creates problems in your mind. Which doesn’t actually happen. And the biggest problem is that nowadays everyone considers it normal that everyone is worried. but it is not normal.
|1.||The Most Effective Ways to Avoid Overthinking|
|(1) Stop Thinking, Seeing, And Listening Negatively|
|(2) Take The Fear Out Of Your Mind|
|(3) Take The Right Food In The Right Quantity At The Right Time|
|(4) Sleep Early At Night And Get Up Early In The Morning|
|(5) Meditate Daily|
|2.||Overthinking Disease Causes And Treatment|
|(1) Symptoms Of GAD (Generalized anxiety disorder)|
|(2) How Does This Disease Happen?|
|(3) Cognitive Theory|
|(4) Treatment Of GAD|
The Most Effective Ways to Avoid Overthinking
First of all, you must accept that it is not normal to keep thinking too much. This is a disease of your mind. Only then will you be able to get rid of this disease of overthinking. If you want to get rid of this problem, then you must do these five things.
(1) Stop Thinking, Seeing, And Listening Negatively
- First of all, save yourself from hearing and seeing completely negative things. Any concept may be seen and heard quite easily. But it becomes very difficult to get him out. Negative things weaken your mind and positive things fill a power inside your mind. For positive things, it is necessary that you read good books. Stay in good company, listen and see good things, try to keep your mind away from negative things as much as possible.
(2) Take The Fear Out Of Your Mind
- Secondly, do the work you are afraid to do. Because if you do not do that work because of fear, then gradually this fear starts affecting your whole life. Doing nothing out of fear is wrong. When you do that work which you are very afraid to do, then you understand that you were afraid unnecessarily. All your fear slowly vanishes. And where the fear is over, then your mind becomes calm and light. And strength and confidence awaken inside the mind. This does not mean that you should do any reverse work. But you must do that work due to which fear has instilled in you. Doing which can make your life better.
(3) Take The Right Food In The Right Quantity At The Right Time
- Thirdly, take the right food in the right quantity at the right time. In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna has said that neither a person who eats more can be happy nor a person who eats less can remain happy. Because your food can have a direct effect on your mind. That is why it is said that like food, so is the mind.
- Don’t eat whatever pleases your mind. Eat what your body digests. I met a person who used to take one pill before eating food and also take one pill after eating food. I asked him why do you eat these medicines? So he said my digestion system is week. Food is not easily digested in my stomach. I take one pill so that I feel hungry and one because what I eat gets digested. So I asked if there any other solution for this? So he said that it is a solution, but I do not like it because I do not like the food that I want to eat. With the help of these medicines, I can eat the food which I like. It means that you know what you have to eat, you know that this food is harming your body. But still, you have to eat that food. What is the taste of the mind like this? Is it like becoming a slave of the mind?
- You should eat that which is good for your body, nor is it good for your tongue. Yes, sometimes it goes that you can eat but for more time you should eat only those food which is good for your health. That is why it is important that you eat the right food in the right amount at the right time. What you eat is going to have a direct effect on your mind. If you want peace of mind, you want to stay in mind, then you should correct your diet. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
(4) Sleep Early At Night And Get Up Early In The Morning
- Fourthly, sleep early at night and get up early in the morning. Doctors say that the person who goes to bed early at night and gets up early in the morning, 70% of the diseases of his body get cured automatically. Because inside our body there is a wonderful power to cure diseases on its own. As soon as our body gets proper sleep, in the same way, our body starts repairing itself by itself. Waking up late at night and sleeping till late in the morning are the symptoms of weakness of your mind. Sleeping early at night, getting up early in the morning will have a direct effect on your body and mind, which will increase confidence inside your mind. And you will feel calmer and better. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
(5) Meditate Daily
- The fifth thing is meditation. You must meditate for fifteen minutes every day. By the way, thirty minutes should be done. But in the beginning, you start with fifteen minutes. Make meditation a part of your life. We cleanse our bodies on a regular basis, just as we do our minds. Similarly, it is necessary to detox the mind. It is necessary to remove negative thoughts from the mind too. It is also necessary to purify the mind. And for that, it is very important to have regular meditation. Remove this thought from your mind that meditating is only the work of religious people, it is not like that at all. Meditation has become the need of every human being in today’s era of worries. By meditating, negative thoughts automatically start reducing. And by constantly meditating, your mind starts to stagnate. You feel more calm and happy.
- Remember one thing, worrying and thinking too much will not reduce the pain of your past and neither is your future going to be good. Yes, it will definitely happen that by thinking too much and worrying, your today will be spoiled. Your today by overthinking and worrying will have passed into sorrow. So it is right that neither worry about the past nor worry about tomorrow. Live life only today and live happily and keep doing your karma at the right time in the right way and happily. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
Today is in your hands, you make it better, if you make it beautiful, then your life will also become happy. To be honest, only the person in this world is happy whose mind is calm and still. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
Overthinking Disease Causes And Treatment | (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
Those who have the disease of overthinking, many times do not even know that they have this disease, they feel that their nature is like this. For people who have this problem, their main problem of GAD is called pathological worry. So those who have this problem often say that the mind keeps on moving, that is, the thoughts keep on coming. They feel that the mind is not getting calm and the mind is not getting silent. And it is thought that they come in such a way that something will get worse or something will be dangerous or something will be damaged. Basically, a negative thought has some danger in front of it. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
Symptoms Of GAD | (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
- There is extreme worry in this as if the student thinks that if my studies will not be done properly, then if I fail, then if I do not get a job, then my future will be ruined. And many people think that if I get some disease, then from where will I get money, how will I get treatment, my life will end, such extreme thoughts come in this disease.
- And apart from this, there is also concern about many days to day things, such as such small things which others will ignore, they will not even think about it, but overthinking people also worry about it like suppose that there is a housewife and They got worried that what would happen if the servant did not come tomorrow morning? If the servant does not come, who will clean the dishes? How will the food be prepared if the utensils are not cleaned? What will the children eat if the food is not cooked? If you are a normal person, you will say or think that it is only a matter of a servant, if he does not come, then we will do it ourselves. But the mind with GAD keeps turning that thought to him. As long as the person does not get tired of thinking, this thinking continues. And it is not just a matter of thinking, it also has an effect on the body.
- If you ask a person with GAD, they will say that they are not able to relax. Anxiety is always going on. Often these people tell that they feel tired and tired. Even minor tasks become tiring. If he tries to concentrate on something, then he is not able to concentrate. Many times the muscle tension increases, many times it is said that there is a pain in the head, there is a pain in the neck, these types of things are spoken. And many times the symptoms come that it is difficult to sleep. So all these symptoms would have been of GAD. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
How Does This Disease Happen? | (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
- So how does this disease happen? Now science has reached a very advanced level. Scientists have discovered many neurotransmitters. So some neurotransmitters are specifically Siro tonic. There is a transmitter that helps in keeping the mind calm. If the levels of serotonin are low, then there is a possibility of increasing anxiety. There are other transmitters such as the neuron ephrin. Some studies have found that there is a sympathetic system that causes problems due to its overdrive. Basically, you can understand that there are many chemicals in the brain which keep the mind calm.
- And one thing is also that your upbringing should be such that you have been protected from everything. If you have been kept in an over protecting environment, then after growing up, many times it seems that everything is too dangerous. And so a person considers every little thing as too dangerous. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
- There is another theory which we call Cognitive Theory. Cognitive Theory says that in GAD a person tends to overestimate dangerous situations. And also overestimates its intensity. This means suppose a young female is 27 or 28 years old and she is doing a job and a thought came in her mind that she should ask her boss to leave for two days because she has some personal work. If he has GAD, then his mind will tell him that if I go to ask for leave from the boss, then if the boss feels bad, then if the boss feels bad, then if he insults me in front of everyone, then he will throw me out of the job. So the consequences of being insulted or being fired from the job are very less likely to happen. But a normal person does not think so much, but the overthinking mind constantly thinks that the chances of this happening are very high. And so after the arrival of these thoughts, what will the person do, they will go into avoidance and will not do that thing at all. And because of this confusion, we will not go and talk to the boss. Now he did not even talk to the boss, so what happened, the fear that he had in his mind sat down. Now next time there will be something else in which it comes to talking about something, then they will stop out of fear that leaves it, it may cause a lot of damage. If this person had actually talked to the boss that I should have missed what can I do. So maybe the boss’s answer would have come that yes you can get leave. If he had spoken, the fear he had in his mind might have gone away.
- So the cognitive theory says that the mind thinks about the extreme situation and then avoids it and that thought remains. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
Treatment Of GAD | (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
- So now let’s talk about the treatment as we say that the treatment in maximum psychiatric disorder should be a combination of medicines and your therapy or counseling. As there is a disturbance of any chemicals, then medicines are needed to correct the disturbances of those chemicals.
- And as far as it is concerned, therapy is given to correct the example of thought process which we have just seen, it is called Cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Now there is a fear about medicines that if you eat medicines, will you have to eat them for life? Have you become addicted to medicines? Will you have to take sleeping pills? All this is wrong fear. Because in today’s date doctors give medicines in two levels. Some are medicines are for a limited period of time and then doctors stop that. Some are granted on a long-term basis and are closed for a year or two years. Doctors do not prescribe long-term medicine in every case. And even in the short-term medicines, the habit-forming medicines are given for a very short time, or such pills are not given.
- Also understand that if a person has GAD, when he gets the idea of knowing about the doctor, then GAD will enter in him too. Even thinking about the doctor makes me nervous since I don’t know what will happen. And will some big disease come out? Will you have to take medicine for the rest of your life? Will the whole world start saying crazy? Because the mind is always thinking extreme. So those symptoms also come in the way of treatment of the disease. It also prevents the treatment from happening. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)
So in the treatment, the summary doctor will say that this is a problem, it is a very common problem. So it happens to many people. Many people do not recognize it and keep suffering in life. So it is wise to go to the doctor and take treatment. If you or someone you know or anyone in the family has this problem, plz consult a doctor and take treatment. because life is precious live it happily. (How To Stop Overthinking? Top Most Ways)