Today more and more people around the world are adopting yoga. Connecting with yoga. Youth, elderly, women, or children, yoga is becoming a part of everyone’s life. One reason for this is that yoga is simple, easy, accessible. That is, it is very easy to learn postures and pranayama. Generally, A person of every age group can do it easily according to his ability. And no special arrangement is required to do them. Don’t need tools, don’t need equipment, just need a good place to do yoga. Obviously, this means that everything is accessible. (International Yoga Day How To Celebrate And More)
Importance Of Yoga
- Yoga is a great gift to the world of the great tradition of sages of India. It is a priceless blessing that has been offered to the world. Yogasana guarantees not only fitness but also wellness without any expense. Yoga is the path to the liberation of disease and indulgence.
- Yoga connects the mind, body, intellect, brings happiness by eliminating the inner conflict and stress of the person. Connects the person to family and society, creates mutual affection and admiration, just like this harmonious society builds peace, dear nation. And from such nations, a beautiful and perfect world is created with cordiality and harmony. That is, yoga is a journey from me to hum, ahem to man, from person to society. That is, yoga is a journey from person to society and from society to world.
- Generally, Yoga is beyond the boundaries of age, caste, creed, religion, and nation. The popularity of yoga is increasing globally. Today more and more people are making yoga an important part of their lives. It is important to know closely about yoga. Yoga is not just exercise. Yogasana relieves the stress of a stressed person. Yoga calms the restless mind. Therefore, adopt yoga, calm your mind, and move forward on the path of world peace. Yoga is the cultural heritage of India. Today Yoga is spreading all over the world. And many yoga teachers have contributed to its expansion. Through yoga, people all over the world are taking advantage of health protection and healing.
Benefits Of Yoga
- Today, the person suffers from many problems with the modern lifestyle. Many diseases like stress, depression, diabetes, hypertension are killing people inside. There is a solution to avoid all these diseases in yoga. Yoga practice is very helpful in relieving stress and keeping the mind happy and calm. After a day’s exhaustion, if we wash our hands with water, how can we feel freshness? In the same way, for a little time between the emergency and busy life, do some pranayama or sometimes breath, or shake your hands and feet, take a little breath and relax So what kind of energy comes.
- Yoga is peace of mind amidst mental stress. Yoga is a meditation in itself between discomposed and duality. It is moderation and balance between redundancy. Yoga turns despair into hope and trust. Yoga is also a journey from fear to fearlessness. What is life like under stress, as if there are very big mountains, there is not a single tree plant above it, stones are seen as a stone? But if a cool waterfall flows from the middle of the mountains, one feels cold. Between stress, yoga is also a flow like this waterfall.
International Yoga Day First Celebrations
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji led the Yoga demonstration held at Raj path New Delhi under the leadership of the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. The entire world celebrated 21 June 2015 as the first Inter-National Yoga Day with full enthusiasm. Two Guinness world records were made on this memorable occasion. The largest session of yoga with 35985 participants and the participation of the citizens of 84 countries in the same session of yoga, the millions of people from all over the world celebrated the first World Yoga Day with full zeal and enthusiasm. Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline. Which is especially based on complex science. For safe living, it’s both an art and a science.
History Of Yoga
- The word yoga originated from the Sanskrit word ‘Yug’ which means joining or uniting. Based on yogic texts, the practice of yoga leads the individual consciousness to reconcile with the universal consciousness. So that there is a better balance between mind and body and man and nature. The science of yoga originated thousands of years ago even before the birth of the first stages of religion and belief.
- On the basis of yogic writings, Shiva was the first Yogi or Adi Yogi. He transmitted his deep knowledge among his seven disciples, the famous Seven Rishis or the seven sages. Yoga has been practiced since pre-Vedic times. But Maharishi Patanjali is considered the father of modern yoga. He was the first person who organized and codified the practices of that time on the basis of his Yoga Sutras. Later other yoga gurus contributed to the preservation and development of this discipline and spread this amazing practice.
- There are various schools of yoga which include Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Patanjali Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Meditation Yoga, Mantra Yoga, (Lay)Rhythm Yoga, Jain Yoga, Buddhist Yoga, etc.
- Each school has its own practice and which guides the main goal and purpose of yoga. Some of the major practices practiced in yoga are yoga practices: (1) Yam in which non-violence, truth, ashtey, brahmacharya, Aparigraha. And (2) rules in which Sochaya, Santosh, Tapa, Swadhyay, Ishwarpranidhan and (3) Asanas and (4) Pranayama (5) Pratyahara (6) Dharna (7) Meditation (8) Samadhi (9) Dam (10) Mudra ( 11) Shatha Karma (12) Yuktahaar (13) Mantrajapa and (14) Karma.
Those practicing yoga should follow some of the instructional principles mentioned here while practicing yoga
- Before practice, yoga should be done in an atmosphere of peace and bliss with a calm body and mind.
- It should be done on an empty stomach or with a light stomach. If you experience weakness. So mix honey in lukewarm water and drink it.
- So Lightweight and comfortable cotton clothes should be preferred for ease of body movements.
- If you have any chronic disease, pain, or heart problem, you should consult a medical practitioner before practicing yoga.
- During the yoga practice, the practice session should be started with prayer or bandana as it creates a supportive environment for peace of mind.
- Yoga exercises should be done in a slow, stress-free manner with awareness of body and breath.
- In addition, Don’t hold your breath until you are asked to do so.
- In addition, Do not keep the body tight or with a pot.
- Do exercises with your abilities.
- End the session with a text of intense silence or peace.
- In short, It is advisable to take a meal or a bath only after 20 – 30 minutes of the practice session.
In conclusion, As relevant and beneficial as it was thousands of years ago, it is still today.
International Yoga Day FAQ
Ans. June 21 is celebrated as International Yoga Day.
Ans. 2015 Theme is Yoga for Harmony and Peace
The theme for 2016 is Yoga for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
2017 Theme is Yoga for Health
2018 Theme is Yoga for Peace
2019 Theme is Yoga for Heart
The theme for 2016 is Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family
Ans. The theme is Climate Action
Ans. Father of yoga is Patanjali.
Ans. The birthplace of yoga is ‘Rishikesh’.
ans. Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit language.
Ans. MY LIFE MY YOGA is the name of the video blogging competition.
Ans. The first prize for the Indian contestant in the 2020 video blogging contest for yoga is one lakh rupees.
Ans. At a faith conference in Chicago, America, Swami Vivekananda was the first to introduce yoga to the western world.
Ans. Earth, water , fire, Air ,Sky
Ans. There are 84 Yoga Asanas
Ans. ‘Union’ is the literal meaning of Yoga.