Hello, Now today I am going to share Jagannath Rathyatra- A Story with you. A story of Rath Yatra of Jagannath temple which is situated in Puri of Orissa. Badrinath, Dwarka, Puri, and Rameshwaram are the char Dham of Hindus. It is believed that the yatra of char Dham should be done once in a lifetime to attain moksha. The temple of Jagannathji, Which is situated at Puri of Orissa is famous all over the world for his chariot journey. Every year millions of devotees visit Jagannath temple in Orissa.
Jannath Rathyatra Famous Story
When it Comes?
- Rath Yatra is carried out on the second day of the Shukla paksha in the (July month) Ashadh month.
- The pilgrimage is celebrated for 10 days which ends on the eleventh day means Ekadasi of Shukla paksha.
- A history of Rath yatra of Jagannath temple which is situated in puri of Orissa about Lord Shri Krishna.
- In this day lord Shri Krishna, Balaram, and Subhadraji are taken in the chariot to the Gundicha temple.
- Preparation for the decoration is underway months in advance. There are many stories behind this rath yatra.
Story Behind Jagannath Rathyatra
- When Lord Krishna’s sister Subhadraji comes to her home (pier) then expresses her desire to see the town. It is believed that the rath yatra begins when lord Shri Krishna, Balram, and Shubhadraji ride in a chariot and go to see the town.
- Another story about the rath yatra is that the Goddess in the Gundicha temple is the aunt of Lord Krishna. She invites Lord Shri Krishna, Balram and Shubhadraji to come to her home. So respecting her aunt’s invitation lord Shri Krishna, Balaram and Shubhadraji Stay with their aunt’s home for 10 days.
- According to another story when lord Krishna’s mama Kansh calls Krishna to Mathura and they go to Mathura and killed mama Kansh. Then he goes out to give darshan to the townspeople.
- There is also a story that after lord Krishna’s renunciation Balaram jumped into the sea with the dead body of Lord Shri Krishna and behind them, Shubhadra also jumped into the sea. At that time king of puri had a dream that an idol of Lord Krishna should be made and bones of lord Shri Krishna should be placed behind it. At that time Vishwakarma appears and says that I will make an idol but no one will bother me while doing my work. But even after a long time, the idol is not made, so when the king comes to the Vishwakarma, Vishwakarma disappears. And the construction of the idol is incomplete then the king worships those idols and starts the rath yatra. So this is the history of the rath yatra of Jagannath temple which is situated in puri of Orissa.