Krishna Janmashtami Festival Celebration… Krishna Janmashtami Festival Celebration..!! The festival is celebrated with great gaiety all over India. On the same day, Lord Vishnu incarnate in the Earth as Shri Krishna. The festival is celebrated on the Krishna Paksha of Shravan month, Ashtami. At The Shri Krishna Janmashtami Festival, Lord Krishna is decorated with enchanting. Temples are decorated. On the day of Janmashtami, fasting is done till twelve o’clock in the night.
What is Janmashtami? – Krishna Janmashtami Festival Celebration
- Janmashtami means Krishna Janmotsav.
- Lord Krishna was born on this day. (Krishna Janmashtami Festival Celebration)
How to Celebrate Janmashtami at Home? – Krishna Janmashtami Festival Celebration
- Get up in the morning at the Brahma Muhurat.
- Decorate your home with flowers. you can use original or artificial flowers.
- Clean the temple of God.
- Bathe God with Ganga water. Wear God well Wagha(clothes of God).
- Bring sweets and fruits for them. You can also make sweets for them at home.
- Perform the aarti and chant Mantra of God. Sit with your family and perform kirtan, bhajan. And meditate.
- You can also chant the famous Hare Krishna mantra :
- ” Shri Krishnam Sharanam Mamah”.
- “Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasu Devaay”.
Janmashtami decoration at home (Krishna Janmashtami Festival Celebration)
- Wall Decoration:
- For wall decoration, you can use artificial flowers and leaves.
- You can use attractive clothes and use them in a designer way.
- peacock feathers and flute can be used for decoration.
- Rangoli making:
- You can make colorful Rangoli. you can use different colors and different designs.
- Make a small house or hut :
- You can make small hut with raw material like soil and you can also use some paper or cardboard to make it. then with any color, you can color and design it.
- Makhan Matki and Buttermilk can also keep inside and out.
- You can use stones, disposable cups for decoration.
- Make Jula:
- You can use the hand makes flowers, artificial flowers, or real. flowers.
- Pearls can be used in decoration.
- Julo looks more beautiful when Krishna sits in it.
- You can make different types of water candles in it you have to use water, cooking oil, glass, cotton, and small plastic round, and color, colorful stones. with the help of these materials, you can make colorful Candles.
Family Member’s Name of Lord Krishna
- Father Name: Ugrasen
- Mother Name: Pawan Rekha
- Sister :
- Devki whose father’s name is Devak is the younger brother of Ugrasen. Devki is a wife of Vasudev.
- Elder Brother: Balram
- Sister: Subhadra
- Mother: Devki
- Father: Vasudev
- Mother: Devki
- Foster Parents: Nand Baba and Yashoda Maiya
Janmashtami Story in English
- The Devils like Kansa disturbed the Mother Earth. The mother earth took the form of a cow and went to God. And the mother prayed to God should dispel my sufferings.
- Devaki is the wife of Vasudev. Kansa drives the chariot to turn Devaki to her house. On the way, akashvani is being held. Devaki’s eighth son will destroy Kansa. Kansa is ready to kill Devaki when he hears Akashvani. Vasudev then promises Kansa to give all his children to Kansa. He should leave Devaki. Kansa leaves Devaki alive after hearing Vasudev’s word. Vasudev and Devaki are kept in jail. To save Devki’s life Vasudev avowed that all the children are assigned to Kansa. And Kans kill all those children. But Lord Krishna is born at 12 pm in the Rohini constellation. And, as per The Lord’s command, Vasudev leaves his eighth child to Nanda Baba.
- Nand baba Krishna and Yashoda Maya raise Kanha. Then Kansa finds out that his death is near. Then he is ready to kill Girdhaari. Kansa sends many demons to kill Mohan. Krishna kills all the demons. Krishna then goes to Mathura and kills Kansa. And frees the people from the fear of Kans. Krishna releases his true parents from jail.
- Krishna then leaves Gokul and goes to Sandipani’s ashram for study. Later, Krishna destroys Kalivan through Muchukund. and creates a city of Dwaraka.
- Girdhaari protects his devotees and helps Arjuna in the war. Govind gives Arjuna the knowledge of the Gita in the battle of Mahabharata.
Importance of Janmashtami
- Janmashtami is celebrated with full faith and reverence.
- He was born in the midnight at 12 o’clock, in Rohini Nakshatra, as the son of Devki and Vasdev.
- This vow gives salvation And the desire is complete.
- In this fast, bathing in holy rivers, and donating is a matter of importance.
- Makhan and Mishree and Panchamrit are Gives to God.
- The text of this oppressed Bhagavad Gita and the listening and meditation of Jagannath Lila should be done.
How to do Janmashtami fast?
- Wake up early in the morning on the day of Janmashtami and get fresh.
- Complete your daily routine fast so you can do pooja of Lord Jagannath properly without disturbance.
- Bath God and decorate the Lord with beautiful ornaments.
- Perform Aarti and have prasad.
- And then resolve the vow. Chant the mantra during fast.
- While working, you can also chant the mantra.
- you can do The fasting of Janmashtami anhydrous. Or can take some fruit.
- you can do fast of Janmashtami according to physical devotion to physical strength.
- Can donate something. Feed the cow with grass.
- God was born at twelve o’clock in the night. So, On Janmashtami, you have to wake up till 12 pm.
- Decorate God again at twelve o’clock in the night. Do their aarti. Give them prasad. And then you can take the offerings. And you can eat your food. But take Saatvik food.