Lotus Position Practice: Calm Brain Promote Good Pose.Here we are going to discuss the technique ,benifits and precautions of padmasana. There are so many types of yogasana like: Padmasana , Siddhasan , Vajrasan , Sarvangasan , Halasana , Bhujangasan salbhasan , Shirsasan , Dhanurasan , Matsyedrasan , Mayurasan , Matsyasan , Paschimotanasana , Savasan , Makrasan , Brahmmudrasan , Uttanpadasan , Svastikadan , Tadasan , Baddhkonasan , Parvtasan ,Pavan muktasan , Bhadrasan , Garbhasan , Ustrasan , Ardhchandrasan , Trikonasan ,Purvo tanasan , Vakradan , Katichakra asan , Purnchakrasan , Kayichakrasan lolasan .
So here the explanation and the technique benefits and precautions of padmasana
Let’s see how to do Padmasana and their benefits: This asana is also called Padmasana or Kamalasana as the shape of the foot looks like a lotus. Padmasana is very important in yoga.
Steps of Padmasana
- Lay a comfortable seat on the ground.
- Sit on the ground and keep the legs on the front.
- Keep the spine fairly straight.
- Then bend the right leg and then hold the toes of the right foot with the left hand and then place it on the left thigh in such a way that the heel of the foot touches or presses muscles on the left side of the thigh.
- In the same way, bend the left leg, and then hold the toes with the right hand and place on the right thigh in such a way that the muscles on the right side of the thigh are compressed by foot
- Means, in short, place the right leg on the thigh of the left leg. And then place the left foot on the thigh of the right foot.
- Thus when placed on both the feet of both legs will be arranged next to each other.
- After adjusting both legs below. the level above both feet, place the paws of the left and right-hand keep in Gyanmudra, or you can keep in your lap.
- While doing padmasana you can do Jalandhar bandh or Mulbandh.
- When the position occurs in padmasana the knee should be at the ground.
- The head, spine, and waist should be straight.
Benefits of Lotus Position
- This asana calms the mind and promotes good posture
- It makes the spine strong and flexible.
- Padmasana helps in reducing belly fat.
- Increases morale, remove restlessness, attainment of stability.
- Observance of celibacy helps and the morale to stay away from addiction.
- Gastritis is inflamed, appetite is opened, digestion is increased.
- Laziness goes away.
- Padmasana is very important to move forward in the path of yoga and meditation.
- Helps in kundalini awakening and in the long run the seeker experiences the samadhi.
- Its practice is very beneficial for the mind, senses, physical, mental state.
- The digestive system gets energy from its practice. When we sit like this in lotus pose. Therefore, the circulation of blood under the knees, under the thighs, and in the legs become stop. The blood energy that is left from it goes to our stomach, the digestive system, and the whole body above the navel. So that the digestive system is active and the food is well digested.
- Its practice increases concentration keeps the mind happy and brings positive changes in thinking.
Things to keep in mind : Precautions
- This asana should not be done if there is a pain in the knee.
- Padmasana should not be done if there is back pain.
- So In caution, keep in mind that if there is a pain in the knees, sciatica, and back pain, do not do it.
Padmasana means lotus. This is a very beneficial posture. It is counted in meditative postures. Padmasana is the best posture for the practice of pranayama and meditation. For its practice, both knees will be straight, they will come to the Dandaasan position.