Today’s topic is Marjariasana (Cat Pose) – How To Do? And Know More. ‘Marjari’ means cat. By the practice of this asana, the shape of the body becomes like that of a cat. This is the posture that you have to do early morning. And it should be an empty stomach, nothing should be eaten. If you are not able to do it in the morning, then do it in the evening when your stomach is empty.
How To Do Marjariasana (Cat Pose)?
(1) First sit in Vajrasana. For its practice, you will stand on your knees in your place.
(2) After coming on your knees, you will give an equal distance between your knees and your heels. Keep the distance between the knees from the front and the ankles from the back equal to the shoulders.
(3) Now you will put both your hands on the ground in front by giving a distance equal to the shoulders.
(4) Keep the hands at such a distance from the knees that the hands remain in line with the shoulders.
Keep the hands at such a distance from the knees that the back and both the elbows can remain straight.
Now, this posture has two positions. Let us first know about the first condition.
(5) In this position, you will lift the neck upwards as much as possible and press the waist part downwards. Keep this posture for a while.
Now let’s know about the second position.
(6) In the second position, the waist which was pressed downwards will be pressed upwards.
(7) And tilt the head down and bring the chin to the throat. And will lift the waist part upwards. Keep this posture for a while.
(8) Now come again to the first position and stay in this position for some time and then come back to the second position and stay in this position for some time. Now come back to the Vajrasana.
|1||Name||Cat Pose, Cat Stretch Pose, Bidalasana,|
|2||Preparatory Poses||Shishuasana, Eagle Pose|
|3||Follow Up poses||Shashanka Asana|
- In this posture, for ten to thirty seconds, the body will be kept stable in both positions of the posture.
- And both the positions can be practiced four to six times.
- After or before its practice, practice Shashanka Asana or Shashanka Bhujang Asana.
- During this exercise, the movement of breath will continue as normal.
Benefits Of Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
- Now if we talk about the benefits, then by its practice the muscles of the arms, shoulders, neck, back, waist, and spine become flexible. Blood circulation is well in them. And the conduction of energy is also done well in them.
- This asana has special benefits for back pain.
- Practicing it for the first 4 or 5 months of pregnancy is beneficial for the pregnant woman.
- Those who have office work or those who sit on the chair all day, keep doing their work, then due to sitting too much, they have back pain issues, like cervical starts or pain starts in the shoulder. So for them, marjari asana is very beneficial.
- As a precaution, keep in mind that during pregnancy, do not practice it after only 4 or 5 months or practice it after consulting a doctor.
- Do under expert supervision in case of slip disc.