One Nation One Ration Card Scheme…One Nation One Ration Card Scheme…!! if you want to know about it then you are at the right place. It is believed that Need is the mother of invention. In time, the whole world has been suffering from corona problems. Then new measures are being explored to solve the problems. The problem of migratory laborers is emerging during the lockdown at this moment. They are not able to avail of the benefits of the distribution of public grains due to not having ration cards of the states where migrant laborers have gone to work.
The central government has implemented the announcement to implement the scheme of new forest national one nation card at the national level. Which was confined to a few states so far? It started in April 2018. When the integrating manufacturing of the public distribution system means the IMPDS launch for the purpose of improving PDS. But because of a lot of problems, its scope could not be widened.
Recently, a plan has been issued to connect three states with the scheme. From which 20 states comprising total states and centrally governing territories will come under the purview of the scheme. However, 67 crore subscribers from 23 states have been asked to cover the system by August 2020 through the national portability of the ration card. Such 67 crore people make up 83 percent of the population of the PDS. The same is targeted to achieve 100 percent national portability before March 2021.
But the question is when the migrant laborers of the state are going to get the subsidized grains through ration cards in another state, will there be no difficulty in it. The scheme will curb the problem of starvation and bogus ration cards.
What is the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme?
- Beneficiaries under PDS will be able to get food in any State or Union Territory. Portable ration cards will be made like mobile SIM cards. The benefits of central government-run schemes will be available to the consumers who are making inter-state migration.
- 60 crore beneficiaries of a total of 17 states associated with the scheme. Target to add 100 percent beneficiary by March 2021.
Advantages of This Scheme
- Migrant laborers can easily get ration without any other formality. The problem of fake ration cards will end with online records. The benefit of this scheme can also be availed in case of partial or seasonal migration. Consumers will be able to prefer the dealer of their choice. This scheme will be of special advantage to women and other deprived groups. Consumers to get high-quality food. and encourage competition between dealers. The scheme will be the most beneficial to the persons who are doing internal migration. Seasonal migration persons in metropolitan cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai will also benefit from it. After marriage, ladies migrating to other states will get continued nutritional benefits.
Challenges-One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- There may be technical problems in updating the data again and again in case of seasonal migration. The challenge of improving the entire supply chain management due to declining allocations. The allocation of foodgrains below the prescribed quantity in the States is likely to increase the tug-of-war among the States. The weak basic infrastructure of the internet is a big challenge. Technical constraints in conducting Aadhaar and biometric authentication. There may be technical problems in updating the data of persons who migrate for a short period of time and frequency. The scheme is implemented through electronic point of sale (ePOS) machines while internet infrastructure in India is still in a developing stage. 77% of India’s ration shops have an electronic point of sale machines. It also has challenges related to Aadhaar verification, online supply depot management, and misuse of portability facility.
The farsightedness of This Scheme
- Focus on the use of information technology is essential to maintain transparency and curb corruption. In a way, an integrated structure is needed just like app-based services to improve the quality of PDS systems. The entire range of PDS needs to be closely monitored and strengthened infrastructure. Partial migrant families are also required to use the provisions of the Rashtriya Swasthya Vima Scheme to avail of the benefit of the scheme.
One National One Card scheme to be implemented across India from June 2020. The scheme was launched by Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, Minister of Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution. The scheme was launched by linking Andhra Pradesh-Telangana and Maharashtra-Gujarat with inter-state ration card portability. Nodal Agency- Department of Food and Public Distribution.
Purpose-One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Creating a nationwide ration card portability network to enhance the effectiveness of the world’s largest food security program. Also Integrating the details of PDS beneficiaries of all states with a central repository. Generally To provide the continuous benefit of PDS to persons of a low-income group (LIG) who migrate internally.
Portability -One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Inter-state portability of ration cards means that a ration card holder registered in a state can purchase food grains of his quota from a ration shop set up under the Public Distribution System of another state.