Today Let’s know about Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) How to Do? Benefits. Setubandh means to build a pool. In this posture, your body’s position is like a pool. This asana is also called Chatushpadasana.
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) How to Do?
- First of all, make a comfortable difference between your legs and lie down on your back. Place your palms on the ground in such a way that they face the sky. This posture is called Savasana.
- Now combine both your legs.
- Then bring your legs together and bring them to your hips.
- Then hold both your ankles firmly with your hands.
- Now slowly breathe in, raise your hips as high as possible so that your body takes the shape of a bridge ie pool.
- Make sure that your head and shoulders are on the ground and your knees and feet are in the same line.
- In this last posture, if you want, you can support your waist with your hands. In this condition breathe normally and exhale.
- You held this position for 10 to 30 seconds.
- After exhaling for 10 to 30 seconds, slowly bring your hips back to the ground while exhaling.
- And leaving your ankle, come back to the posture of Savasana. And relax.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- This asana provides strength to the lower back nerves.
- It improves digestion by stretching the internal organs inside your stomach.
- And relieves you from constipation.
- Setu Bandhasana improves heart related work.
- By doing Setu Bandhasan regularly, you get relief from depression and anxiety.
Precautions of Setu Bandhasana (The Bridge Posture)
- If you have diseases like ulcer or hernia, do not do this asana.
- If you have neck and back pain, please do not do this asana.
Preparatory Poses are as given bellow
- Adho Mukha Savasana
- Ardha Halasana
Follow Up Poses
Follow Up Poses are as given below
- Udharva Dhanurasana
- This posture can be done at the beginning for 10 to 30 seconds.
- And after a few days of continuous practice, the posture can be done for 30 to 60 seconds according to the body’s capacity.
|2||English||The Bridge Posture|
|3||Time||30 to 60 seconds|
|4||Pose Level||Basic Level|
|5||Pose Style||Vinyasa Style|
It is necessary to do Pranayama like Kapalbhati, Anulom Vilom with posture.