Hello, Now today we are going to learn Surya Namaskar.we can say it ‘sun salutation’. Surya Namaskar – A source of life energy Let’s learn How to do it. We all know that the Sun is a source of energy and all humans need air, water, food, and sunlight. Every living thing needs sunlight. Vitamin-D is obtained from sunlight. Even in our scriptures sun salutation and watering the sun is very important. Surya namaskar is one posture of 12 steps.
What is Surya Namaskar
- Surya Namaskar i.e. salutations to the Sun. It is also called Sun salutation. it is a group of twelve asanas or 12 powerful yoga poses that we have to do in breath awareness.
- It includes pranayama, mantra, and meditation technique and it is a complete yoga practice.
12 Step’s Name of Surya Namaskar
- Step-1 Pranamasan ( prayer pose)
- Step-2 Hastauttanasana(raised arms pose)
- Step-3 Hastapadasana(standing forward bend)
- Step-4 Aswasanchalanasana (equestrianPose)
- Step-5 Dandasana (stick pose)
- Step-6 Ashtanga Namashkara(salute with eight parts)
- Step-7 Bhujangasana (cobra pose)
- Step-8 Adhomukh savanasana
- Step-9 Aswasanchalanasana
- Step-10 Hastapadasana
- Step-11 Hastauttanasana(raised arms pose)
- Step-12 Tadasana
Steps to do Surya Namaskar
- To stand facing east in front of the rising sun.
- Stand with your feet straight.
- Close your eyes and keep calm.
- Raise your body backwards while raising your arms.
- Then lean forward.
- Holding your feet with your hand.
- Try to touch the knees with your nose.
- Keep your hands near the ground.
- Bend the left leg and move the right leg backwards.
- Tilt your body back.
- Keeping your hands on the ground.
- Straight leg backwards.
- Brings both legs together and place your weight on the arms and legs.
- Try to touch the knees with your nose by bending the legs.
- By bending your upper body forward.
- leaning the upper body forward Beard on the ground between two hands.
- Tilt your upper body forward
- Move up and put your weight on your hands.
- Upper body backwards.
- Put the weight of your body on your hands and feet. And then tilt your body in.
- Bring the left leg forward.
- Turn your upper body backwards.
- Keep body weight in the left leg.
- Bring both legs together.
- Try to touch the knees with your nose while holding the feet by hand.
- stand up straight.
- Move your hands up.
- Turn your body backwards.
- Come back to the first position.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Sun makes a complete and balanced development of our bodies.
- concentrates the mind and sharpens the intellect.
- Surya Namaskar has been described as very important for spiritual progress.
- Surya Namaskar is performed in 8 different asanas and 12 steps.
- Strengthens the body, helps in relaxing our mind, improve our flexibility, help burn excess fat, hey build mental focus, improves blood circulation, improve functions of internal organs, improve muscles tone, improve posture, helps cope with insomnia and strengthens the body so these are the benefits of Surya Namaskar.
- Surya Namaskar awakens the consciousness power of the entire body.
The Below Mentioned Patients Should not Perform Sun Salutation
- Don’t do in low back pain, spine injury, wrist energy.
- Do not do this Surya Namaskar in severe heart problems and high blood pressure disease.
- Should not be done in General Body Weakness and Chronic Illness.
- The pregnant lady should not do Surya Salutation. And don’t do in menstruation.
- Not to do in fever, hernia, stroke, coronary artery diseases.
- Also, don’t do in arthritis and swallowed joints.
Right time to do Sun Salutation
- The best time is a fresh early morning when the sun rises.
- But if you have no time in the morning then you can do it at noon and make sure your stomach is empty or after three-four hours of having a meal.