This Ushtrasana Camel Pose belongs to the class of Vajrasana. This asana should be done after doing Vajrasana. Ushtrasana means Upward. So in this asana, almost all the limbs of the body are bent like the limbs of a camel. That is why this asana is called Ushtrasana. Ushtrasana is also known as Camel Pose, Back banded Pose.
We practice making the same posture in this posture as the camel sits with the knee bent and the waist back.
Ushtrasana is a back banded pose.
Its difficulty level is intermediate.
This is a very important posture.
It is said that if this asana is done in a regular manner, then it works to open the Anahata Chakra.
And if the Anahata Chakra or Heart Chakra opens it affects your, lungs and immune system, and spiritually it feels love, compassion, and forgiveness.
Ushtrasana is a very useful posture.
Generally, This makes your spine flexible. Moreover, Improve digestive power and make your shoulder, chest, and leg muscles strong.
Before performing Ushtrasana, keep in mind that if you have any leg injury or spine injury or you have recently undergone surgery or suffering from a hernia, please do not do this Asana.
After that, ask your doctor and start this asana by staying under the patronage of a qualified teacher.
Now Let’s learn about Ushtrasana.
Ushtrasana Camel Pose Steps, Precautions, Benefits
Things You Need For Ushtrasana
1. Yoga mat
2. Comfortable, Breathable clothing
3. Further a quite place
Ushtrasana Camel Pose How to do?
Step 1 First of all, sit in Vajrasana on yoga mate and keep the paws touching the floor on the back.
Step 2 Keep both legs and knees parallel and about a foot apart.
Step 3 Now you should stand on your knees, keep the waist straight, and keep both hands on the hips.
Step 4 Now keep the right palm on the right heel and the left palm on the left heel and while breathing, bow down.
Step 5 Slowly bend backwards so that the jerk does not hit the neck.
Step 6 In this posture, the bodyweight should be equally on the arms and legs.
Step 7 In this state take a normal breath and try to stay for at least thirty seconds.
Step 8 Then while exhaling , come to the initial state.
Step 9 Repeat this exercise according to capacity.
Step 10 Practicing at least five times gives more benefit.
Benefits of Camel Pose
1. Ushtrasana strengthens the digestive system.
2. Ushtrasana also reduces Backche.
3. Makes the spine flexible.
4. In females it is helpful to reduce menstrual discomfort.
5. Increase vital capacity of lung.
6. Reduces fat on thighs
7. Open up the hips, stretching deep hip flexors
8. Stretches and strengthens the shoulders and back
9. Expands the abdominal region, improving digestion and elimination
10. And it also improving posture
11. Loosens up the vertebrae
12. Generally it relieves lower back pain
13. I is also Helps to heal and balance the Chakras
14. And also strengthens thighs and arms
15. Improves flexibility, especially in the spine
16. Stimulate endocrine glands
17. Generally, Release tension in the ovaries
18. And it also Stretches the thighs, groin, abdomen, chest, and throat
19. It is also Cure constipation
20. Complements overall health and well being
Precautions of Ushtrasana
Generally, We should not do Ushtrasana in these stages.
1. Generally, Don’t do this pose in deep injury to neck or waist.
2. Blood pressure is high.
3. Cervical Spondylosis
4. Vertigo or dizziness
5. Inguinal Hernia & Umbilicus Hernia
6. Generally don’t do this pose in any recent surgery
So do the this Camel Pose and get full benefits of this pose.