This asana should be done in meditation posture. Keep your eyes closed while practicing this asana in meditation posture. Vajrasana is a posture that you can do even after eating food. In this position, breathing exercises are usually performed such as Pranayama, Kapalabhati, and Anulon Vilom and it is said that the body becomes as powerful as the Diamond. Often named this diamond pose is Adamantine Pose. Vajrasana ( Thunderbolt Posture ) How to Do?
Vajrasana ( Thunderbolt Posture ) How to Do? Steps, Benefits, And Precautions
- Naturally, Asana means pose. Vajrasana is a position of kneeling and takes the Sanskrit word Vajra’s name, meaning thunderbolt, or diamond.
Vajrasana ( Thunderbolt Posture ) How to Do?
- To do this asana, first, you have to come in the posture of Dandasana.
- For which you spread your two legs in front and sit upright.
- And place your hands near your hips.
- Take care that your body weight does not fall on your hands.
- Now bend your right leg and place it below your right hip.
- And then bend your left leg and keep it under your left hip.
- Make sure your thighs are adjacent and your thumbs are interlinked.
- Now place your hands on your knees and make sure that your chin is parallel to the ground.
- Keep your spine straight. And leave the body loose. Now breathe normally and release.
- And in this Vajrasana Pose, stay relaxed for some time.
- After staying in Vajrasana for some time, straighten your left leg while bending your body to the right.
- And then bending your body to the left and straightening your right leg and resting in the posture of Dandasana again.
Benefits |Vajrasana ( Thunderbolt Posture ) How to Do?
- Vajrasana makes your thighs and leg calves muscles strong.
- This asana improves digestion.
- Vajrasana makes the nerves of your feet strong.
- This asana relieves pain in the lower back and sciatica.
- Vajrasana strengthens the spine and helps to keep it straight.
- Performing Vajrasana regularly strengthens your body.
- Generally, concentration also increases. And at the same time, your mind gets peace. And anxiety and stress are also relieved.
Precautions |Vajrasana ( Thunderbolt Posture )
- If you have pain in your knees, or you have a bruised ankles, please do not do this asana.
- This posture should not be done the patients of piles.
- Salbhasana (Locust Pose)
- Ardhsalbhasana (Half Locust Pose)
Post-Vajrasana Poses ( Follow up poses)
- Balasana (Child pose)
- Makrasana (Crocodile pose)
- Savasana (Corpse pose)
- You can do Vajrasana for 5 to 10 minutes.
Other Name of This Asana
- This asana is also known as
- Adamantine pose
- Kneeling pose
- Diamond Pose
- Thunderbolt pose
- Pelvic pose.
Know More | Vajrasana ( Thunderbolt Posture )
|2||English name||Adamantine pose|
|5||stretches||hip, thigh, knee, ankle|
|7||Needs to repeat||None|
|8||Time Duration for this pose||5 to 10 minutes|