Today we will learn about the reference to the method benefits and precautions of Vakrasana (The Twist Pose). Vakrasana is a Sanskrit word in which ‘Vakra’ means serpentine or curved.
Vakrasana (The Twisted Pose) How to do?
- To do this posture, first of all, spread your two legs towards the front and sit straight. And place your hands near your hips. Take care that your body weight does not fall on your hands. This posture is called Dandasana.
- And now fold your right leg, and keep it with the knee of your left foot.
- Now move your left hand across your right knee and place your palm next to the right leg.
- Now while exhaling slowly, while turning your right hand backward, bend your body and neck to the right.
- Make sure your back is straight.
- In this condition breathe normally and exhale and remain relaxed for 10 to 30 seconds.
- After remaining stable in this position for some time, while exhaling, straighten your body, head, and legs. And again come to the posture of Dandasana.
- Now keep your both hands behind and relax in the relaxation posture.
- After resting for some time, repeat this entire sequence from the other side.
- While performing Vakrasana, the speed of breath will remain normal.
- It can be practiced from both sides two to three times. During this exercise, the entire stretch will come on thighs, waist, belly, back, lungs, shoulders, and arms.
Benefits of Vakrasana
- Vakrasana makes your spine flexible.
- Vakrasana is also beneficial for your liver.
- This asana helps to control diabetes by stimulating the pancreas.
- Vakrasana relieves constipation. And improves digestion.
- By doing Vakrasana regularly, the fat of the stomach decreases.
- And it has a positive effect on the internal organs of your body. Which helps you live a constipation free life.
- Its practice makes the back, thighs, waist, shoulders, and the entire backbone of the back flexible so that all the muscles and all the organs are able to function smoothly and the blood circulation in them is well done. And this muscular becomes strong and strong, it gets energy.
- Back pain, waist pain, cervical spondylosis, shoulder pain, stiffness in the back, problems caused by sitting all day, the practice of Vakrasana is especially beneficial in these problems.
- This asana is especially beneficial for the stomach, internal organs of the stomach, liver, kidney, pancreas, and lungs.
- There is an increase in the ability of the lungs to breathe.
- Please do not do this asana if you have severe back pain or spine-related discomfort or a slipped disc.
- Do not do this asana even if you have an abdominal operation.
- Women should not do this asana during menstruation.
- Do not practice it if there is any problem related to hernia, ulcers, and back.
- And normally after continuous practice, the body can also be kept stable from 15 seconds to 60 seconds according to the capacity of the body.
Know more About Vakrasana
|2||English||(1) Twisted Pose|
(2) Side Twist
|3||Pose Level||Beginner Pose|
|4||Pose Position||Sitting positing|
|5||Follow Up Poses||Ushtrasana, Bhadrasana, Vajrasana|
|6||Preparatory Poses||Savasana, Dandasana|